Sunday 12 September 2010

RSPCA evaluation

On looking thoroughly into the work of the country's most-funded charity (pulling in £120m last year) I am still a little muddled on what to think. Is it good? I have read so much controversial matter on the charity, bully-boy techniques, for example the Shetland Pony case, which, it is argued, resulted in the suicide of a man. There is no doubt that this charity does incredible work for most of the cases. The horror stories I have heard about the cruelty going on in this country are sickening, and the RSPCA have made a huge difference, but is it enough?
The fact that they need to prioritise calls at the moment simply means they need to get more backing, more help from the people and more advertising. More resources and uniformed officers with the capability of going out to help these animals.
On doing my rounds, the outcome was a lot more positive than negative, with no-one not having heard of the charity and it's work, which means an incredible advertising scheme. But there are still stories of the neglect of the charity acting on phonecalls... which I have explained is either due to lack of resourses or it not being in the RSPCA's area of work.
I personally feel that it is "good", whatever such a broad term means. I have read and re-read articles, both pro and con for the charity and the work that they do go and do changes the lives of these animals. The only thing that I can personally find wrong is that they cannot go to every single call.

No comments:

Post a Comment