Wednesday 1 September 2010

MORE THOUGHTS...

So, on looking into Anberlin and Stephen Christian and his Faceless International I am turning to charity work, but a little closer to home.
For the duration of this summer, I have worked as a fundraiser for charity... namely the World Wildlife Fund and the RSPCA.
Having been an animal lover my entire life... I felt it was a rather rewarding way to spend my time.
Now on the doors, talking to an average of 100 strangers a day, I have come to realise that there is a lot of controversy surrounding the RSPCA and the work that they do. Stories from people who have reported a case and no-one has come to help.
On the other hand, they have a monumentous responsibility in a country who have an incredible amount of cruelty to animal cases.
I want to investigate a bit about the history of the charity and their work, how they got to the stage where they are the only charity able to prosecute people for the crimes, and the controversial views of the people who call them for help.
I feel it leads on from the Faceless International research I have recently looked into... a different charity altogether with similar aims for this country and it's own problems surrounding animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment